Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"the list"





I have to disclaim that this was 100% NOT an original idea. I stole it (with permission, of course) from my dear friend, Shannon, who probably stole it from someone else, but who is also chock full of good ideas and really really good at making me want to be a better person. Hear that Shan?! You're INSPIRING! And with that in mind, in addition to today being the day after my 29th birthday and the eve of the day BEFORE hers, it seems appropriate to unleash "the list."

So here we are. My "30 Before 30." This is not a bucket list, because that's a little too lofty. My methodology behind the list was simple: Things I want to do, things I need to do, and things that will help out humanity in some capacity. Cause ya know, we all can spread the love a little bit. Here goes....

1. Conquer a fear.
2. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
3. Write a letter to a friend every week for one year.
4. Drive the PCH and make good on my promise to the Cali girls.
5. Make a once a month donation to an organization that could use it.
6. Plant a tree on Earth Day.
7. Learn to play the drums.
8. Go camping. Suck it up and do it.
9. Complete my Masters program.
10. Sacrifice a weekend away for a good cause.
11. Take Sadira to Assateague to see the wild ponies.
12. Do the Fells Point Ghost Walking tour.
13. Actually do that damn 30 day shred for 30 days straight.
14. Go to the top of the Washington Monument---both of them (DC and Baltimore).
15. Stop biting my nails.
16. Lose the last little bit of the baby weight - if I can even still call it that, haha!
17. See Lady Gaga perform.
18. Read or re-read 5 of "the classics."
19. Do the Rocky Run in Philadelphia.
20. Get Sadira 100% potty trained.
21. Teach Sadira to read.
22. Spend more time outdoors.
23. Do not use a credit card at all for the entire year.
24. Surprise Sadira with something amazing.
25. Visit a fortune teller.
26. Get a brave and unexpected new haircut (or color).
27. Do something kind for myself, that I would normally never do.
28. See the Ravens play an away game.
29. Kick a field goal on an NFL field.
30. Inspire someone else to complete their 30 before 30.

Oh, and this isn't technically "Before 30" so I'll add it separately...but I'd like to take part in Solstice in the Square next year on my 30th bday.

So there ya go. It's gonna be a busy year, I think....

9 comments:

Amelia said...

fun! I'm adding this to my reader :) Maybe we should do a pie camping trip, I would do that ;)

Lindsey said...

You go girl.

This Pie is in for camping!!!

Might I suggest a "new" classic? The Secret Life of Bees. It's been called "Huck Finn for girls."

Unknown said...

I'm all about #4. Let's rent a convertible and let our hair fly up the coast!

AllisonDacia said...

Can I join you for 8, 11, 14, & 17?

Nasrene said...

Pie camping trip? YES!!
Convertible with flying hair? YES YES!!
Friends joining to help me complete this list? YES YES YES!!

Seriously girls, let's chat. I'm all about it! :)

M said...

Ok, so a few things...

*you are still biting your nails? really?? hahaha :)
*I actually just did #4 in a convertible and it was amazing...call me for details
*you are fabulous and I would love to take part in any of these...i miss u

also, i would love to babysit sadira, seriously, take me up on it

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring! This is a wonderful idea! I always love reading what you have to say and you say it. You are truly one in a million and I am so thankful to know you.

If you get me to go camping, that you would be a huge accomplishment all in itself. Everything else, I would love to do with you.

Please let me know the secrets to potty training and reading. We have taken two steps back with the potty. With reading, she knows all her sounds, but more memorizes the words than sounds them out.

I can't wait to read all about the Adventures of Nasrene and Sadira!

Emily said...

I LOVE this!!! What a fun year we're going to have reading...and maybe participating :)

Sarah said...

Hi Nas! It's me, Rah Rah :) I love this idea & I am so excited for you! What a great plan! I hope you achieve everything (even though I KNOW you will because you are very good at staying on track with goals). Can't wait to read all about it! Love ya lots!

Post a Comment

© 2011 My 30 Project, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena