Monday, November 19, 2012

5ive!...plus one week and four days


I've been MIA for a few weeks.. it's been busy around here!  Mostly busy because...


 SADIRA TURNED FIVE!!!!!


Before anyone begins sending their "condolences," I will not stand for anyone saying, "oh my goodness, aren't you so sad? Your baby is five!" 

The answer is a resounding NO!!  I'm so proud of the little person that she is.  I've actually been anticipating and looking forward to her turning five for quite some time now. 

So I'm EXCITED!

And in typical Nasrene/Birthday style, I had to make five FUN.


It started with Sadira's birthday party last weekend.  She requested a Ravens party LAST year (girlfriend likes to plan ahead) so a Ravens party we had!  (Thank you Mom for letting us "borrow" your house for the day!)

Complete with bounce house, of course.


 


"Suggs" cupcakes :-)




We also had a very special treat---Aunt Tessa stayed with us for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT! (And she was a big, awesome help!)


Lots of awesome friends came by :-)









 







And on the night of Sadira's ACTUAL birthday (November 7th), Kerri and Sean came over for spaghetti, Sadira's requested dinner.

Kerri also brought along a VERY special gift...

Her necklace of charms from when she was a little girl...most of them ballet dancers.

Sadie got to pick her favorite...


And then, of course, we had ice cream cake and sang Happy Birthday AGAIN.


Man I love this kid. She's kind, funny, silly, smart, articulate (though sometimes sassy-mouthed but we're working on that),  thoughtful, entertaining, WITTY, and (most important to me) compassionate and empathetic.

I'm so proud of this girl.

This FIVE YEAR OLD! 






Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with us, at her party and over the past two weeks.  We are so very lucky to have you all as friends!!

LIFE IS GOOD!  And FIVE IS FAB!


 

1 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!!! That last picture of you and the kids is just great!

Post a Comment

© 2011 My 30 Project, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena